Do you love castles? What's your favorite? Where is it, and what makes it special? Have you visited the castle? Or, do you admire it from afar, looking at photos and drawings? Name your favorite castle
The French Did It Right
- Chenonceaux Castle in the Loire Valley to me is the most beautiful castle ever built. There are many in the Loire Valley that are just breathtaking, I really want to do a river cruise through that region to see them all.
- —Guest Carol Shetler
- I like Herrenchiemsee castle near Augsburg, Germany the best. King Ludwig the fourth knew beauty when he saw it.
A castle-like "Elza's Dacha"
- Not exactly a castle, but very similar! A castle-like building in Pyatigrosk, Russia. Marvelous! See it at:
- —Guest 5g_jouirnal
- The best castle I have seen so far is the Hohenzollern in Hechingen, Germany. Forget the Neuschwanstein! This one is way better!
- —Guest Julia
Love this castle
- Beaumaris Castle in Wales, built but never finished by Edward I. (See Beaumaris Castle at www.beaumaris.com.)
- —Guest YES