During his long career, Frank Lloyd Wright designed hundreds of buildings, including homes, churches, museums, office buildings, and other structures. Do you have a favorite? What makes your favorite Frank Lloyd Wright building special?
favorite flw home
- My favorite Frank Lloyd Wright-designed home is Kentuck Knob, in Pennsylvania.
- —Guest jlr
Darwin D. Martin House
- The first FLW house I saw is my favorite. It's in Buffalo, NY and was having extensive renovation a few years ago. It is on a marvelous site, and is "elegantly immense," unlike too many very large houses. Its simplicity and strength complement each other perfectly.
- —Guest Carol Shetler
At least 2: Falling Water and Guggenheim
- That's a tough question. How do I choose among so many inspiring works? But if I have to list some, I could say Falling Water, an amazing, unique, sensational, creative work of art, a masterpiece integrating nature, art and technology; and also the iconic and unique Guggenheim - always showing the way up, again technology and creativity got together to create this gorgeous and exceptional building.
- —Guest Anita Di Marco
The Louis Penfield House
- A simply wonderful house on a beautiful piece of northeast Ohio land -- the Louis Penfield House in Willoughby Hills, Ohio.
- —Guest PRH in Columbus
- The Millard house in Pasadena is my favorite. The building is exquisitely detailed and beautifully proportioned. The landscaping is gorgeous with the small pool and waterfall. Absolute perfection. It sits in a neighborhood full of Greene and Greene craftsmen homes including the Gamble house.
- —Guest Peter T.
- I LOVE Fallingwater. The whole design and the idea of it actually being over a small waterfall is perfect!! FLW was a genius.
- —Guest Kat M.
- In school we are actually taking a field trip to the Robbie house, to study architecture. But I love the design of Fallingwater.
- —Guest Savannah
Darwin Martin House Complex
- Correction: The interior of the house is open for a fantastic tour. Just contrast this house with the other mansions built in the same area at the same time. Astoundindly futuristic! [NOTE FROM EDITOR: As of March 2012, construction is ongoing at the Darwin Martin House. Be sure to call ahead to find out which rooms will be included in your tour. For tour information, also visit: http://www.darwinmartinhouse.org/tour_schedules.cfm]
- —Guest Jack Hoyt
- I think Taliesin West is when FLW really mastered his organic architecture, and you can really notice the harmony between nature and the structure.
- —Guest michael
The Price Tower
- The Price Tower completed in 1956 is one of my favorite Frank LLoyd Wright masterpieces. Had the great fortune to visit the wonderful building and spending a couple of nights there. What a wonderful treat it was rent a room and stay in a museum now, designed by the master!
- —Guest antonio guzman
Winslow House, River Forest, Illinois
- Winslow House is my favorite because the front is simple, while the back is a true expression of FLW.
- —Guest Virginia Opitz
NATHAN MOORE HOUSE
- It is one of the wonderful works done by Frank Lloyd Wright by his imagination and vision
- —Guest MAYUR DAVE
- My ambition is to do this type of building. Fallingwater is the masterpiece. It's like the architect, God, created earth and universe. Undoubtedly the one and only.....Fallingwater....its design is almost equal to a place in heaven.
- —Guest +falling water
- Fallingwater is my absolute favorite. I was given the lego set for christmas and have become fascinated with FLW since.
- —Guest Nick M
What's your favourite building
- The Fallingwater house, though I don`t know quitewhat type of architecture. I want to be a professional architect two years from now.
- —Guest N. Waiyaki