Would you like to publish your work at About Architecture
? We're currently seeking lively, informative articles on topics related to architecture and home design. For example:
- Profiles of famous architects
- Facts about important or interesting buildings
- An analysis of trends in building design
- Advice for architecture students
- Tips for building or remodeling
Publication at About.com is an ideal way to add credits to your resume, promote your name, or simply share your enthusiasm with other readers. We really do want to hear from you, and wish that we could publish everything sent to us. To improve your chances for publication, please follow our writer's guidelines.
- Submit only original work. Work that has been published elsewhere will be deleted. Also, we can't use material that has appeared on another web site or blog.
- Use upper and lower case. Do not write in all capital letters or all small letters.
- Write in English. Regrettably, we cannot translate from other languages.
- Be brief... but not too brief. The ideal length ranges from 300 to 1,000 words.
- Check your spelling and punctuation. We'll make small corrections, but can't use material if there are many mistakes.
- If your work includes pictures, be sure to honor copyright laws. Send only photos and drawings that you created yourself, or that are clearly labeled creative commons (CC).
- Don't be afraid to share your point of view, but remember--you're writing an article, not an advertisement. Press releases and other types of promotional writing will be deleted.
Please allow 3 to 6 weeks for the review process. Watch your email box for an acceptance. While you're waiting, explore these other writing opportunities
. Thanks for writing!