About My Bungalow
Located in Fort Wayne IN Built circa 1918
Oversized gables, simple floor plan, lots of windows. I get great cross breezes in the summer--I rarely have to use my AC. Working fireplace is a plus. Original windows are drafty, but I would not replace them for anything. Home includes 36 doors and windows. New windows would cost $20 K and would ruin the appearance of the home. Re-roofing this summer with the help of my nephews who are professional roofers.
- Exterior painting is quite a chore every four years--but I receive so many complements from neighbors and passersby. Dutchboy exterior paint in 4 colors hold up well.
- Home has 1100 square feet and a full-size attic I would love to finish someday.
- Home has beautiful woodwork.
- Kitchen and bath recently remodeled.
- Barring winning the lotto I may live in this home the rest of my life.
Jackie Craven, Architecture Guide, says:
The trim colors you chose for your bungalow harmonize beautifully with the fall foliage. But, do you really need to repaint every four years? With careful prep, an exterior paint job should last twice as long. Our Guide to Home Repair has tips for paint jobs that last: Common House Paint Problems and How to Fix Them