This cottage has a green roof, so the siding is painted a similar gray-green color.
This Victorian cottage is painted a dusty shade of green
Photo © Jackie Craven
Unless you plan to install a new roof, you'll want to choose paint colors
that complement the color of your roof shingles. New paint doesn't have to match existing colors, but it should harmonize. Some ideas:
- Green roof - Gray, green, or white house colors
- Black roof - Gray, blue, or white house colors
- Brown roof - Brown, tan, yellow, or white house colors
- Gray roof - Gray, blue, green, black, or white house colors
- Red roof - Gray, black, or brown house colors
The cottage in this photo is painted dusty green to harmonize with the green roof. Architectural details are accented in off-white and burgundy.
More House Paint Color Tips >