- Diploma in Architecture, University of Tucuman, Argentina
- Master in Architecture, University of Illinois, USA
Famous Skyscrapers and Towers:
- 1977-1984: MOMA Residential Tower, New York City
- 1981-1987: World Financial Center (renamed Brookfield Place), New York City
- 1986: Canary Wharf Tower, London, England
- 1990: NTT Headquarters, Tokyo, Japan
- 1998: Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2003: Two International Finance Centre (IFC), Hong Kong (design architect)
- 2004: Bloomberg Tower, New York City
- 2011: Iberdrola's Tower (Torre Iberdrola ), Bilbao, Spain
Museums and Theaters:
- 1984: Mattatuck Museum, at Waterbury, Connecticut
- 1987: Charlotte Performing Arts Center, at Charlotte, North Carolina
- 1987-1990: Carnegie Hall Tower, at New York, New York
- 1991: Ohio Center for Performing Arts, at Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1996: Cinema in Celebration, Florida
- 2006: Carnival Center, now called the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Miami, Florida
- 2006: Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall and Samueli Theater, Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Costa Mesa, Orange County, California
- 2008: BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2009: Connecticut Science Center in Hartford, Connecticut
Other Important Works:
- 1966: Worldway Postal Center, at Los Angeles, California
- 1967: COMSAT Laboratories, at Clarksburg, Maryland
- 1967: Kukai Gardens Housing, at Honolulu, Hawaii
- 1969: San Bernardino City Hall, at San Bernardino, California
- 1975: Pacific Design Center, at Los Angeles, California
- 1976: US Embassy, Tokyo, Japan
- 1982-1984: Herring Hall, at Rice University, Houston, Texas
- 2005: Malone Engineering Center at Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- 2006: Minneapolis Central Library
- 2009: ARIA Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2017: Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco, California
- 1995: AIA (American Institute of Architects) Gold Medal, which recognizes a lifetime of distinguished achievement and outstanding contributions.
- 2004: The Aga Khan Award for the design of the Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
"... a building must be both background and foreground. As foreground, it must have some exceptional qualities. But it must also try very hard to knit into the fabric..."
About Cesar Pelli:
After completing his Master's degree in architecture, Pelli spent ten years working in the offices of Eero Saarinen. He served as Project Designer for the TWA Terminal Building at JFK Airport in New York and Morse and Stiles Colleges at Yale University. He later became Director of Design at Daniel, Mann, Johnson & Mendenhall in Los Angeles, and from 1968 to 1976 he was Partner for Design at Gruen Associates in Los Angeles. While at Gruen, Pelli is known to have collaborated with Norma Merrick Sklarek on a number of works, including the US Embassy in Tokyo. Cesar Pelli & Associates was founded in 1977.
In 1997, Pelli's design for the Petronas Towers was erected in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Petronas Towers are among the tallest buildings in the world.