A hemicyle is a half-circle. In architecture, a hemicycle is a wall, building, or architectural feature that forms the shape of a half circle.
In medieval architecture, a hemicycle is a semicircular formation of columns around the choir section of a church or cathedral. The word hemicycle can also describe a horseshoe arrangement of seating in a stadium, theater, or meeting hall.
American architect Frank Lloyd Wright experimented with the hemicycle form.
- The Curtis Meyer House in Galesburn, Michigan
- The Herbert Jacobs II House in Middleton, Wisconsin
- The Guggenheim Museum in New York City
- The Marin County Civic Center in San Rafael, California
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- Gammage Theater in Tempe, Arizona