New Urbanist neighborhoods have many of these features:
- Buildings are set close together.
- Shops and other activities are within walking distance.
- Walkways and plazas accommodate pedestrians, not cars.
- Homes accommodate a variety of lifestyles and income levels.
- Building design preserves historical styles and reflects cultural traditions.
- Building design offers variety while conforming to a uniform theme.
Next: Where to Put the Shops >
Big parks? Lots of shops? What makes a neighborhood really great? Describe it!