In this helpful and readable guide, Dr. Lee W. Waldrep channels wisdom gleaned from many years of teaching for the architecture schools at the University of Maryland and the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- What is an architect?
- What skills do architects need?
- How to prepare for a career in architecture.
- How to select a school and a program.
- How to get the most from architecture school.
- How to gain work experience.
- How to prepare for licensing exams.
- How to design a career path.
Written in a lively question and answer format, the book is a compendium of interviews with 50 architects, design professionals, and students.
More than a hundred drawings and black and white photos illustrate architectural models, plans, and completed projects.
Appendix includes listings for:
- Professional Associations
- Architecture Institutions
- Community Service Organizations for Architecture
- Recommended Reading
- Architecture Web Sites
- Accredited Architecture Schools in the USA and Canada