Who turned 80 this week? None other than the home of the Christmas Spectacular -- Radio City Music Hall in New York City. The Art Deco masterpiece by Raymond Hood had its grand opening on December 27, 1932, right in the middle of America's Great Depression. If the Rockettes have taught us anything, it's that we must keep on dancing!
This Week's New and Updated Pages:
- Postwar Japanese Metabolism
- What is Metabolism Architecture?
- Arata Isozaki, Japanese Architect
- Anne Tyng, Living in Geometry
- Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
- Wang Shu Portfolio 1999-2010
- How Much Will Your New House Cost?
- Exterior Siding Options
- Guide to American Homes, 1600 - Present
- U.S. Supreme Court Building by Cass Gilbert
- How much do architects earn?
Photo of Radio City Music Hall © Jackie Craven