This week many of our readers answered the question, "What Is Architecture?" Nobody mentioned houseboats, but About Readers always seem to keep their heads above water!
New From Our Readers:
- Brooklyn Duplex
- Brick Beauty
- 1895 Folk Victorian - Shipped by Rail
- Peace on Earth House Decorations
- 1881 Connecticut Queen
- Rose with Green?
- From Rose & Green to Sunny Yellow
- Divided into Apartments
- Modern in Michigan
- The Sample-McDougald House in South Florida
- Reader suggestions to What qualities make a great architect?
- What's Your Vision for New York?
- The House With a Strange Roof mystery is solved
- Did you save on building or remodeling costs?
- What colors would you pick for this remodeled house? Help the owners!
New and Updated Pages:
This week we looked at skyscrapers and one of the most popular house built in the U.S.—the Minimal Traditional style.
- 1935 - 1950: Minimal Traditional House Style
- Great Skyscraper Websites
- The Home Insurance Building - First American Skyscraper
- The Manhattan Building - First 16-Story Skyscraper
- Leiter II Building
- William LeBaron Jenney, Father of the American Skyscraper
- The 9/11 Architects - Who's Who
Photo of the Houseboat Inachus by Sanitov Floating Homes, on display at the 2012 London Design Festival, © Sanitov Studios, PDF Press Release 29.06.12